DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 25, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 25 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
- Karnataka State Government approved the formation of the Karnataka Digital Economy Mission. The Mission was aimed to promote over 7,000 start-ups, e-commerce, and other gig economy companies in the State. State government will have 49 per cent share while industries will hold 51 per cent share.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: B. S. Yeddyurappa
- Governor: VajubhaiVala
Migrants’ Messiah Sonu Sood Launches Pravasi Rojgar App To Help Find Job:
- Bollywood actor Sonu Sood took up the responsibility of transporting migrant labourers across the country to their homes via buses, trains and airplanes, has now taken a new initiative of helping the workers find suitable job amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Pravasi Rojgar App will have the names of more than 500 reputed companies, in which employment opportunities will be available for the migrant laborers.
Largest solar power plant of Navy commissioned at INA Ezhimala, Kerala:
- Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Southern Naval Command Vice Admiral Anil Kumar Chawla commissioned the largest Solar Power Plant in the Indian Navy, with a capacity of 3 MW, at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala through virtual conference.
- This is in line with the Government of India initiative of “National Solar Mission” to achieve 100 GW of solar power by 2022, an INA statement said here.
IIM Bangalore Launches ‘Women Startup Programme’:
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) has launched ‘Women Startup Programme’. With an aim to train budding women entrepreneurs, the NS Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning (NSRCEL) at IIMB has propelled this programme with funding from Goldman Sachs and the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
U.N. General Assembly: For the 1st time in 75 years, world leaders won’t travel as session goes virtual:
- The landmark 75th session of the UN General Assembly will begin on September 15. World leaders will submit pre-recorded video statements for the United Nations General Assembly session. The summit on Biodiversity will be held on September 30.
ADB and GCF join hands towards ‘green recovery’ on the impacts of COVID-19 disease:
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Green Climate Fund (GCF) agreed to partner toward the “Green Recovery”. This is to help hands for the people who are facing the harsh economic impact due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Banking and Economy:
NPCI rolls out ‘Autopay’ feature on UPI for recurring payments:
- National Payments Corp of India (NPCI) has gone live with its ‘Autopay’ feature on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) It allows bank customers to make recurring transactions below Rs 2,000 through their UPI apps.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
Amazon Pay joins hands with Acko to offer auto insurance:
- Amazon Pay, the payments arm of e-commerce giant Amazon India, has partnered Acko General Insurance Ltd to offer insurance for two- as well as four-wheelers. Insurance claims will involve zero paperwork, 3-day assured claim servicing & one-hour pick-up.
Science and Technology:
India and Israel join hands to develop rapid testing for Covid-19 in under 30 seconds:
- Israel and India will work together to develop a new generation set of Covid-19 tests that aim to bring the entire testing process down to a few seconds, be widely available, and ultimately help to open economies. Using artificial intelligence and machine learning, these breakthrough technologies will be tested in India, and if successful, be manufactured in India, and marketed jointly by Israel and India to the world.
GAIL and Carbon Clean Solutions sign a MoU for Compressed Biogas projects:
- GAIL (India) Limited and Carbon Clean Solutions Limited (CCSL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for exploring project development opportunities in Compressed Biogas (CBG) value chain in India. The two companies will then work in partnership to bring the number of plants in India up to 100.
China launches ambitious Tianwen-1 Mars rover mission:
- China’s first fully homegrown Mars mission Tianwen-1 mission launched atop a Long March 5 rocket from Hainan Island’s Wenchang Satellite Launch Center. Tianwen-1 consists of an orbiter and a lander/rover duo, a combination of craft that had never before launched together toward the Red Planet.
Sahil Seth appointed as honorary adviser to BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry:
- Sahil Seth has been appointed an honorary adviser to the steering committee for the BRICS Chamber of Commerce (CCI) young leaders for the period of 2020-2023. He is a deputy Commissioner of Mumbai Customs. He is a 2011 batch Indian Revenue Service Officer.
Indian Overseas Bank appoints SBI’s Partha Pratim Sengupta as MD and CEO:
- Indian Overseas Bank has appointed State Bank of India’s deputy managing director, Partha Pratim Sengupta, as its managing director and chief executive officer (CEO). Sengupta will be replacing Karnam Sekar, who retired on June 30.
Naveen Tahilyani to take charge as Tata AIA Life Insurance MD & CEO:
- Tata AIA Life Insurance has appointed Naveen Tahilyani as the new Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director. Tata AIA Life Insurance Company (Tata AIA Life) is a joint venture between Tata Sons and AIA Group Limited. He will succeed Rishi Srivastava.
India’s maternal mortality ratio dips to 113 in 2016-18, Assam has highest and Kerala lowest:
- India’s maternal mortality ratio (MMR) has dropped by 4 per cent in 2016-18, but it is still almost double the Sustainable Development Goal target set by World Health Organization (WHO).
- At 215, Assam had the highest MMR in the country, followed by Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh with MMR of 197 and 173, respectively.
- Kerala reported the lowest MMR of 43, followed by Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu with MMR of 46 and 60, respectively.
- India’s MMR in 2016-18 has been 113, which was 122 in 2015-17, according to the Sample Registration System’s (SRS) estimate released by the Registrar General of India.
Books and Authors:
The Pandemic Century by Mark Honigsbaum:
- “The Pandemic Century”, the book by British medical historian Mark Honigsbaum combines science history, medical sociology and front-line reportage to tell the history of global contagion dating from the Spanish Flu (1918) to the present day coronavirus pandemic.
A book titled “The Endgame” authored by Hussain Zaidi:
- A new novel The Endgame by S Hussain Zaidi,a well known crime writer has recently written a novel named “The Endgame”.It was published by the HarperCollins India.The book speaks about the politics, betrayal, and unimaginable terror.
Jazz singer and actor Annie Ross passes away at 89:
- Annie Ross, a popular jazz singer in the 1950s before crossing over into a successful film career, has passed away. She was 89. She had battled emphysema and heart disease. In 2014, Ross released the album “To Lady With Love,” a tribute to Billie Holiday
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.