DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : September 17, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (September 17, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
PM Modi to visit Sardar Sarovar Dam to participate in Namami Devi Narmade Mahotsav in Gujarat on his birthday
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a two-day visit to his home state Gujarat.
- Mr. Modi was received by Governor of Gujarat Acharya Devvrat, Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and his senior cabinet colleagues on his arrival at Ahmedabad airport last night.
- According to sources, Prime Minister Modi has departed for Sardar Sarovar Narmada Dam at Kevadia in Narmada district to mark the historic moment of overflowing of the Dam.
- AIR correspondent reports that Prime Minister Modi is scheduled to perform the Puja of Narmada water at Sardar Sarovar Dam- which was completely filled up for the first time after raising its height to 138.68 metres.
- He will also address the people on this occasion.
- Modi will also visit various ongoing projects of tourist attractions near the statue of unity- the world’s tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- These projects are jungle safari, Eco- tourism, Cactus Garden, Ekta nursery, western India’s first river rafting point, Nutrition Park, Mirror Maze and others.
- Capital: Gandhi Nagar
- CM: Vijaybhai R. Rupani
- Governor:Acharya Dev Vrat
The Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants) Amendment Bill, 2019 comes into force
- The Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants) Amendment Bill, 2019 which was passed by the Parliament during the last Budget Session has come into effect.
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs said this will facilitate smooth and speedy eviction of unauthorized occupants from Government residential accommodations and ensure retrieval of these residential accommodations from unauthorized occupants.
- This is expected to further increase availability of government residential accommodations for eligible persons and reduce the waiting period.
- As per the Amendment Act, the Estate officer will issue short Show cause notice of three days before eviction of the unauthorized occupant from Government accommodation.
- The Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants) Act was enacted to provide for eviction of unauthorized occupants from public premises and for certain incidental matters.
- Government provides residential accommodation on license basis to its employees, Members of Parliament and other dignitaries while they are in service or till the term of their office.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to honour PM Modi for providing safer sanitation to 50 crore people under Swachh Bharat Mission
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s will honour Prime Minister Narendra Modi for Swachh Bharat Mission, a sanitation initiative that improved access to toilets.
- In a statement issued on Monday in Seattle,USA, the Gates Foundation said, Mr Modi will receive its annual Goalkeepers Global Goals Award for providing 500 million people in India safer sanitation. Mr Modi will be in the United States next week to receive the foundation’s award.
- The Swachh Bharat Mission was launched in 2014 and its components include the construction of household toilets, community and public toilets and solid waste management.
- According to the latest government data, the rural sanitation coverage has reached 99.99 per cent till now from 39 per cent in 2014.
- Over ten crore household toilets have been built so far under Swacchh Bharat Mission while 35 States and Union Territories have been declared Open Defecation Free.
Centre to give support of Rs 8,500 crore to ECGC: Piyush Goyal
Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal has said the Central government will give support of 8,500 crore rupees to Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India, ECGC, in the next five years.
- HQ: Mumbai
- Chairman & MD: Geetha Muralidhar
- Commerce and Industry Minister: Piyush Goyal
India, Iran hold Foreign Office Consultations in Tehran
- The sixteenth round of Foreign Office Consultations between India and Iran was held in Tehran.
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale led the Indian delegation. Deputy Foreign Minister Dr. Seyyed Abbas Araghchi led the Iranian side.
- The Foreign Secretary also called on Iran’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dr. Javad Zarif, and senior advisor to Supreme Leader, Ali Akbar Velayati.
- An official release said during the consultations, the two sides reviewed the entire gamut of bilateral cooperation, ongoing connectivity and infrastructure development projects, including the development of Shahid Behesthi Port, Chabahar and full operationalization of the Chabahar Agreement between India, Iran and Afghanistan.
- Both sides also exchanged views on regional and international issues of mutual interest. It was agreed to maintain the momentum of mutually beneficial multifaceted bilateral cooperation and exchanges between the two sides and to hold the next round of Joint Commission Meeting at the level of External Affairs Minister at an early date in Iran.
External Affairs Minister: Dr. S Jaishankar
- Capital: Tehran
PM Modi says, Donald Trump joining Indian Community in Houston reflects strong bonds between two countries
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said the special gesture of United States President Donald Trump to join the Indian community in Houston highlights the strength of the relationship and recognition of the contribution of the Indian community to American society and economy.
- Mr Modi said, the special gesture by US President signifies the special friendship between India and USA. Mr Modi said, he looks forward to join the Indian origin community in welcoming Mr Trump at the programme.
- Earlier today, White House had issued a press statement confirming Donald Trump’s participation in the event. Highlighting the importance of the event, the White House statement said, it will be a great opportunity to emphasize the strong ties between the people of the United States and India, to reaffirm the strategic partnership between the world’s oldest and largest democracies and to discuss ways to deepen their energy and trade relationship.
- ‘Howdy Modi – Shared Dreams, Bright Futures’ is a community summit hosted by Texas India Forum, for Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 22nd at the NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas. Over fifty thousand people are expected to attend the event.
India, Slovenia sign seven agreements and MoUs in various fields
- President Ram Nath Kovind and his Slovenian counterpart Borut Pahor have agreed to strengthen multilateralism and promote multi-polar world.
- Mr Kovind today held a bilateral meeting with President Pahor at Ljubljana, the capital city of Slovenia.
- In a statement issued after meeting, President Kovind thanked Slovenian President for supporting India in its fight against cross border terrorism.
- In his statement, Slovenian President expressed his commitment for greater ties with India.
- Our correspondent reports, India and Slovenia today signed seven agreements and MoUs in diverse fields in the presence of President Ram Nath Kovind and President Pahor.
- Capital: Ljubljana
- Currency: euro
Bangladesh: PM Hasina receives Dr Kalam Smriti International Excellence Award
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina of Bangladesh was conferred the Dr Kalam Smriti International Excellence Award 2019 in Dhaka today. The award has been instituted in the memory of former Indian President Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- Chief Adviser of Dr Kalam Smriti International Advisory Council and former Ambassador T.P. Sreenivasan handed over the award to Sheikh Hasina. The award citation lauded Prime Minister Hasina for her vision of a peaceful and prosperous South Asia, free of tension, conflicts and terrorism. It acknowledged her contribution to fostering cooperation between India and Bangladesh.
- After receiving the award, Sheikh Hasina said, it will inspire her government to strive for achieving greater inclusive development of the people. The award is given every year to honour statesmen or leaders who have shown excellence in their fields to achieve the best for their countries. Earlier, the Presidents of the Maldives, Ghana and Mauritius received the prestigious award since its introduction in 2015.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
Indian Men’s team books QF berth at ITTF Asian Table Tennis C’ships in Indonesia
- The Indian men’s team booked a quarterfinal berth at the ITTF Asian Table Tennis Championships at Yogyakarta, Indonesia on Monday.
- In the final of the 1st Division, they defeated Thailand 3-Nil. In the main draw, eight teams compete against each other and only the finalists of the 1st Division qualify for the Champions Division.
- The Indian women did well to enter the 1st Division after winning their group stage matches against Lebanon and Jordan.
- In the 1st Division, they managed to register a 3-0 win against Uzbekistan but lost to Thailand 0-3. Now they will play Malaysia with the winner finishing at Position 9.
Railways enter quarts of Senior Women’s National Football C’ship
- Railways reached the quarterfinals of the 25th Senior Women’s National Football Championship today. They beat Andhra Pradesh in a group stage match 18-0.
- In another match, Haryana registered a comprehensive win over Bihar 7-1.
- Assam lost to Mizoram 0-2 and Madhya Pradesh defeated Karnataka 2-1. Arunachal Pradesh has already reached the quarterfinals after a 2-0 win over Telangana.
ICC Test Rankings: Virat Kohli holds on to second spot
- India cricket captain Virat Kohli has managed to hold on to his second position in the ICC Test Rankings for batsmen, released in Dubai.
- Kohli, with 903 rating points, is 34 points behind Australia’s Steve Smith who tops the position with 937 points. Smith’s compatriot Pat Cummins has also retained his number one position in the ICC Test bowlers’ rankings.
- Both Smith and Cummins played key roles in helping Australia retain The Ashes. Cummins enjoys a lead of 57 points over second-placed Kagiso Rabada of South Africa after finishing as the top wicket-taker with 29 scalps. India’s Jasprit Bumrah is in third place.
Get 20 IBPS PO Prelims 2019 – ONLINE MOCK TEST SERIES – Full Length from Bankersdaily @ an offer price of Rs.59/-.
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of August- 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.