THE INTRIGUING INTERVIEW by R.Gopalakrishnan, CPSU Officer (Retd.)
THE INTRIGUING INTERVIEW
To get appointed to a cherished post is an awesome endeavour. Here are the Attributes expected of you from the interviewers. All starting with the Alphabet ‘A’.
1. APPEARANCE – The way in which you dress, the manner by which you impress upon the Board. “The first impression is the best impression” -the theme you should always keep in your mind.
2. ATTITUDE – The level of confidence and competence that you possess is revealed by this.
3. APTITUDE – Your natural ability or skill for a particular type of work or job.
4. ALERTNESS – Quick to understand a situation or a question that is raised all too sudden.
5. ALACRITY – Speed and eagerness to engage yourself in the deliberations.
6. ANIMATION – Enthusiasm and energy that is expected of an interviewee.
7. ASSERTIVENESS – The emphatic way in which your point of view is effectively injected into the minds of the interviewers.
8. AFFABILITY – Your ability to put yourself in a position where the interviewer gets himself interested in dealing with you in a very friendly way.
9. AMIABILITY – A behaviour that’s pleasant and pleasing to others.
10. AUTHENTICITY – The depth of reality of or actuality in your answers.
11. ADHERENCE – Matters relating to your punctuality and subjecting yourself to the rules and regulations or terms and conditions.
12. ASSIDUOUSNESS – Care and attention to the details in your answers and the appropriate technical words that you choose to convey your opinions.
13. APPEAL – A mystic magnetism that captures the minds of the other.
14. ARTICULATION – The ability to express one’s thoughts and ideas in a very powerful yet cheerful way.
15. ALMIGHTY – All said and done, the Act of God is the ultimate deciding factor.