What are the Pre-Joining Procedures for Bank Jobs?
What are the Pre-Joining Procedures for Bank Jobs?
IBPS has released the Results for PO, Clerk and SO recruitments. The Reserved list was announced at April 1, 2017.
Candidates need to produce certificates which will be verified by respective Bank Officials. Do check your certificates with your IBPS Application form thoroughly and if you found any mistakes, rectify it before joining else get the affidavit from the gazette officers.
Bank Joining Documents Checklist
There have been few malpractices in recruitment process earlier. So public sector banks are very particular in verifying the identity of the candidate before he/she joins their organization.
Even if you had secured the top score in IBPS exam & interview, banks can reject & cancel your allotment – if you don’t submit the necessary proofs.
What documents are required at the time of joining bank? Here is the list of documents checklist that most banks need you to submit in original & photocopy (xerox). The originals shall be returned after verification.
1) ID proof: PAN card/ Aadhar card/ Driver’s License, Voter`s ID/ Passport etc
2) Date of Birth proof: Mostly officials match the birth date in ID proof with the date in mark sheets. But sometime, they may also ask for birth certificate. So have it ready as well.
3) Educational qualifications: Std. X & XII marksheets, Semester-wise & consolidated mark sheets of degree (UG & PG), marksheet, Degree final certificate etc.,
The date of passing the degree exam mentioned on degree marksheet or provisional certificate will be considered to check your eligibility condition.
4) Computer literacy certificate: This is only required for clerical positions.
- Candidate should have studied computer science or IT as a subject in high school/ college
- Must have completed any course in computer operations/ language from an institute.
If a person has studied computers as a subject, it should be highlighted in the mark sheet.
5) Category/ Caste certificates: OBC/ SC/ ST candidates should submit their caste certificate issued by appropriate authority (as per the central govt format).
- Those belonging to OBC category (non creamy layer) – certificate must specifically contain a clause that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer section.
- It should have been issued within one year from the date of exam notification (refer date of ibps advertisement)
PWD candidates: Disability certificate in proper format issued by district medical board should be submitted.
Ex-Servicemen: Discharge letter along with pension payment order & proof of last held rank to be produced.
Valid authority to issue caste certificates: The OBC/ SC/ ST certificate issued by these competent authorities would only be accepted.
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / First
Class Stipendiary Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Sub-divisional officer of the Area where the candidate and or his family normally resides.
6) IBPS online application: Take print of IBPS PO/ Clerk/ SO exam application form (link to download is currently active on ibps.in)
7) Relieving letter: Those of you who had mentioned experience may be required to produce their relieving order.
Other Documents for Joining Formalities
The above list are the docs that a candidate must provide from his/ her end. There are few other documentations which the bank will give as part of its joining formalities.
The following list of documents shall either be sent by post to your address OR will be available for download on their website.
- Service bond agreement
- Character certificate forms
- Employment form
- Medical certificate
- Few more formats..
Don’t worry about these documents because not all banks require them & even if they do, proper formats will be shared in advance to get it ready.
Banks have all authority to not allow candidates from joining if they do not provide the necessary proofs. All of you have worked hard to get bank jobs.
So don’t lose the opportunity by making silly mistakes in preparing joining documents. If you are in doubt, get it clarified & report for duty with confidence.
About Medical Certificate
Your appointment in the Bank will be subject to satisfactory medical report. Medical examination report as per the Medical Standards of the Bank for new recruits to be obtained from any of the Bank’s Medical Officer (list of Bank’s Medical Officer enclosed). The following are the tests that are usually taken into consideration:
- Blood C.B.C.
- Blood Sugar – Fasting.PP.
- Serum Cholesterol.
- Blood urea/NPN.
- Serum Creatinine. HIV test.
- Urine and Stool routine.
- X-ray of Chest P.A. view.
- Full abdomen & pelvis Ultrasonography.
This process is very basic in nature, and is aimed to knowing whether you are healthy as a person, and do not possess any serious ailment that might cause hindrance to your career in the long run.
Just make sure that you have your eyes and ears tested before hand, and if at all there is some issue, you get it corrected. At the time of the test, your eye power should be 6/6 with the specks, or without it. Please note that Bank’s Medical Officer may ask for additional medical test(s). Please also carry with you complete Eye check up report (including vision near, distance, refraction error, colour vision, field blindness, night blindness, fundus examination, any organic disease etc.