CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: JULY 1 – JULY 7,2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: JULY 1 – JULY 7,2018
Dear BankersDaily Aspirants,
Hope all of you have completed the SBI clerk prelims and SBI PO prelims exams, some of you are still waiting for the SBI PO prelims examination. Now is the perfect time for your mains preparation. Don’t wait for the results rather decide what to study and kickoff your mains preparations. Start learning the Current Affairs section and score good marks in the upcoming examinations.
We are providing the aspirants with July 1-7 Weekly One Liners. Our Team has toiled hard to collect the important points and all the important events in a crispy manner and have gathered all the important current affairs from the first week of June. You can also download this as a PDF in the link provided below.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (Unesco) has finally declared the city’s Victorian and Art Deco Ensembles, straddling two heritage precincts of Fort and Marine Drive, a World Heritage Site.The feat makes Mumbai the second city in India after Ahmedabad to be inscribed on the World Heritage List.
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao had laid foundation stone for Gattu irrigation project in Jogulamba Gadwal district. The Chief Minister announced that ₹554 crore will be spent to complete the project
- Four students from department of aerospace engineering in Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science near Chennai have designed world’s lightest satellite which weighs only 33.39 grams which will be put into space in August from Colorado Space Centre in the US.The main aim of the satellite is to check the working of nylon in microgravity.
- The first ‘Khadi Mall’ of India will be opened in Jharkhand. It was announced by Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das.
- The International Union of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST), the global voice of food science and technology in association with Indian National Science Academy (INSA) as adhering body, announced the 19th edition of its prestigious global event to be held in Navi Mumbai, India from October 23-27, 2018.
- The Income Tax Department has launched an ‘instant’ Aadhaar-based PAN allotment service for individuals seeking the unique identity for the first time.
- The Bhitarkanika national park in Odisha has become the largest habitat of the endangered estuarine crocodiles in India with a record number of their nesting sites spotted in it.
- Tata Power’s arm Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd (TPREL) commissioned 100 MW (50 MW x 2) solar capacity at Anthapuramu Solar Park, Andhra Pradesh.
- In Madhya Pradesh, the Ayushman Bharat Yojana under the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Swasthya Suraksha Mission will be implemented in the state from August 15 this year.
- The Government think tank Niti Aayog will hold on September 7-8 here the India’s first ‘Global Mobility Summit’. It will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Behdienkhlam Festival of the Raij Tuber, one of the most colourful and the biggest festivals in the Jaintia Hills region concluded.The celebration was held at the sacred place called the ‘Bear’ situated in the heart of Tuber village which is about 25 kilometers from Jowai.
- The Election Commission of India has launched a mobile app cVIGIL,which citizens can use to confidentially report violation of election code of conduct.
- The Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) in Assam has become the first oil public sector undertaking (PSU) to adopt an online legal compliance system by introducing ‘Legatrix’.
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has launched its first in-house single umbrella e-marketing system that can be accessed from anywhere in India for sale and purchase of its products. It is named as Khadi Institution Management and Information System (KIMIS).
- The Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched the “Happiness Curriculum” for students of nursery to Class 8 in government schools. The curriculum was launched in the presence of the Dalai Lama.
- The IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company Ltd (IndiaFirst) has entered into a tie-up with Oxigen Services India Pvt Ltd to establish distribution of its insurance products at Oxigen retail outlets.
- Mumbai is fifth-least punctual airport in the world in terms of on-time performance; Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai and Hyderabad rank 262, 255 and 246 out of 513 airports.Indigo is the highest ranked airline from India at 14 and Air India was the second-poorest performer.
- The Centre has announced a state-of-the-art e-waste recycling unit for Bengaluru, India’s technology capital which produces an estimated one lakh tonne of electronic waste a year. The Chemicals and Fertilizers Ministry is setting up the facility.
- In Madhya Pradesh, the government has launched an outstanding power bill waiver scheme and subsidised power scheme ‘Sambal’ for labourers and poor families.
- The Sunil Mehta committee which was formed with a view to tackle Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) and creating credit capacity submitted its report with recommendations to Finance Minister Piyush Goyal.
- The first ‘pad abort’ test critical for a future human space mission was conducted successfully.The test was conducted at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
- The Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has launched ‘Poshan Abhiyan’–a statewide mission to eradicate malnutrition among children by providing them nutritious food through Anganwadi centres.
- The Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy has presented his first budget. He announced a farm loan waiver of Rs 34,000 crore.
- Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb has said that Agartala Airport will be named after Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishor Manikya Bahadur.
- The National Board for Wildlife (NBWL) has given its nod to include four diverse species — Northern River Terrapin (riverine turtle), Red Panda, Clouded Leopard and Arabian Sea Humpback Whale — in the recovery programme for critically endangered species.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has announced ban on plastic bags, cups and glasses across the state from July 15 onwards.
- The National Security Guard will be the first central paramilitary force to opt for e-ticketing instead of the railway warrant under an agreement signed with the IRCTC.A memorandum of understanding was signed between the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation and the NSG.
- Union Minister of Coal, Railways, Finance & Corporate Affairs, Piyush Goyal has launched the Coal Mine Surveillance & Management System (CMSMS) and Mobile Application ‘Khan Prahari’.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) will be setting up a ‘Design University for Gaming’ in Visakhapatnam, andhra Pradesh.
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has developed a mobile app ‘GST Verify’ to protect interest of consumers.
Asia’s first arbitration centre specialised in intellectual property is slated to open in Tokyo to resolve the growing number of disputes in the region.
The Premier stock exchange BSE has entered into an agreement with the Bombay Metal Exchange (BME) for the growth and systematic development of commodity derivatives markets in the non-ferrous metals complex.
- The Tata Steel board gave the green flag to the joint venture with German steel giant Thyssenkrup.
- The World Heritage Committee, meeting in Manama was held under the chair of Shaikha Haya Bint Rashed al-Khalifa of Bahrain, inscribed two cultural sites in Germany and Turkey as well as two mixed (i.e. both cultural and natural) sites in Canada and Colombia.
- The RBI has issued licence to Bank of China to set up its first branch in India. It was a commitment made by the Prime Minister Modi to the President of China.
- Yes Bank has received approval from capital markets regulator SEBI to start mutual fund business.
- According to Prime Database Investment Bankers League table for FY 2017-18, IIFL is India’s top investment bank for equity issuances by private sector companies.
- NABARD has sanctioned Rs 735.53 crore in the first quarter of the current fiscal under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) for West Bengal for facilitating the execution of 86 projects.
- The Reliance Industries has unveiled ‘Jio GigaFiber’, the much-awaited fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) broadband service.
- The world’s first digital art museum has opened to the public in Tokyo, Japan allowing patrons to step all the way into the artworks.
- Nepal and India has decided to jointly promote historically and culturally important tourism circuits like the Ramayana and Buddhist Circuit and adventure tourism.
BANKING AND ECONOMY
- Niti Aayog and fertiliser major Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Limited (GNFC) has entered into an agreement to undertake joint research and exchange and disseminate learnings to use Blockchain Technology for fertiliser subsidy management.
- India has moved up to 73rd place in terms of money parked by its citizens and companies with Swiss banks, while the UK remains on the top. UK has about CHF 403 billion (over 27 per cent) of the total foreign money with Swiss banks.
- Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), has topped the list of “smart cities” in the Middle East and Africa.The report was released by McKinsey Global Institute titled “Smart Cities: Digital Solutions for a More Livable Future”.
- According to a study published by the US-based think tank Brookings, India is no longer home to largest number of poor people in the world as this unwanted position has been taken over by Nigeria.
- The World Bank Group member IFC has invested $100 million in Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. (Mahindra Finance).
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the proposal to expand the scope of the Higher Education Funding Agency (HEFA) to mobilise ₹1 lakh crore for research and academic infrastructure for higher education institutions by 2022.
- Under Sagarmala project, Centre will provide 500 crore rupees to Shipping Corporation of India to lease out cruises to promote cruise tourism. It was announced by union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- ICICI Bank has announced that it has crossed the milestone of disbursing mortgage loans of over Rs 1.5 trillion.
- China, UAE, Cyprus and significantly, Mauritius, along with 21 other countries have been tagged as “high-risk jurisdictions” by global banks acting as custodians for foreign funds which comprise the largest group of investors in the Indian stock market.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom), India’s premier software lobby has opened a Center of Excellence (CoE) for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
- The UN member states approved a USD 6.69 billion dollar budget for 13 peacekeeping operations for the year 2018-19
- Facebook Inc. co-founder Mark Zuckerberg has overtaken Warren Buffett as the world’s third-richest person.
AWARDS AND HONOURS
Aspirants can use the link given below for downloading the PDF of July 1-7 Current Affairs (One liners)
Other Important Links: