CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS:February 1– February 7
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS:February 1– February 7
Dear Bankers daily Aspirant,
The SYNDICATE bank, CANARA bank, SBI Clerk and various exams are coming in the forthcoming days. Are you prepared for the General Awareness section and the Banking Awareness which is the scoring part for many aspirants ? If not you should definitely read this one liners if you need a quick & Short content for your preparations henceforth we provide the One Liners for the 1st Week of February, 2018.
We are providing the aspirants with the curated list of Recent happenings in the 1st week of February and so this could be vital for your preparations for the General Awareness and Static Awareness and also for the Banking Awareness section in the forthcoming exams.
Check the Weekly One Liners from February 1–February 7 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming exams like SYNDICATE bank, CANARA bank, SBI Clerk which happens in the forthcoming days.
You can download the Weekly One Liners of February 1–February 7 from the link given below and you can read the one liners also which is provided below.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitleypresented his Budget for the year 2018-19 in Parliament.
- Ministry Of Earth Science (MoES) Has Inaugurated High Performance Computer System(HPC) Or Supercomputer Mihir (Meaning Sun) At National Centre For Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF), Noida.
- The Ministry of Commerce & Industrylaunched the third version of the Government e-Marketplace (GeM 3.0).
- The Power and New and Renewable Energy Minister R K Singhinaugurated the 7th India Energy Congress 2018. It is organised by World Energy Council India with theme “Energy 4.0: Energy Transition Towards 2030”, in New Delhi.
- The Centre has sanctionedRs 1,500 crore for three years to promote organic farming in Uttarakhand.
- India has joined the Ashgabat agreementwhich envisages setting up of an international transport and transit corridor linking central Asia with the Persian Gulf .It is to to significantly improve the trade and investment.
- The 32nd Surajkund International Crafts Melahas begun in Haryana’s Surajkund city.
- The first defence industrial production corridorslink Chennai and Bengaluru.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Global Investors’ Summit ‘Advantage Assam’ in Guwahati.
- Odisha has bagged Geospatial World Excellence Award-2018 for successful IT application.
- A 10-day National Tribal Festival, Aadi Mohatsav, kicked off at Kalagram in Manimajra, Chandigarh.It is to celebrate tribal culture, cuisine and commerce.
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the first International Kala Mela at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts in New Delhi.
- The Floating Treatment Wetland (FTW) was inaugurated on World Wetlands Day (February 2) in Neknampur Lake in Hyderabad to clean and purify the polluted waterbody.
- Assam Government has signed a MoU with the National Building Construction Corporation Limited(NBCCL).
- Power Minister R K Singh announced a Rs 48,000-crore Kisan Urja Suraksha Utthaan Maha Abhiyaan KUSUM scheme.
- The Maharashtra government has approved Ghodazari in Chandrapur district as a new wildlife sanctuary in the state.
- India has contributed an additional $1 million to the India-UN Development Partnership Fund earmarked for South-South cooperation.
- Environment Ministry launches the Green deed Campiagn.It aims the students to give awareness about global warming and climate change.
- India test-fired its indigenously developed nuclear capable Agni-I ballistic missile.
- The cab-hailing company Olahas inked MOU with Government of Assam to pilot an app-based river taxi service in Northeast India’s financial hub
- TheFifth edition of South Asia Region Public Procurement Conference was held in New Delhi.Thee timely and quality delivery of public services.
- The State government has decided to hold the first-of-its kind, one-day Pelican Festival. It will be held at theAtapaka Bird Sanctuary on Kolleru, one of the largest freshwater lakes in the country.
- To create awareness around Internet safety, Google India launched a public initiative“#SecurityCheckKiya”.
- Uttar Pradesh State government in association withUNICEF has launched massive door to door campaign
- Rwanda has become the first low-income countryto provide universal eye care for its 12 million population.
- Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) has signed an agreement with the World Bank for Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP).
- A new Manchester-India Partnership (MIP) aimed at connecting Indian companies with the northern regions of England has been set up to further trade, investment, science and innovation ties between India and Britain.
- Sri Lanka celebrated the 70th Independence Day in a grand ceremony at the Galle Face Green in Colombo.
- The country’s Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)has successfully launched the smallest-ever rocket to carry a satellite into orbit.The rocket set off from the Uchinoura Space Center.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will have a packed schedule during his four days visit to Palestine, UAE and Omanfrom 9th Feb.
- The Maldives President Abdulla Yameen declared a state of emergency for 15 days.
- The US entrepreneur Elon Musk has launched his new rocket, theFalcon Heavy.
- Sweden and the United Nations World Food Programme has signed a Strategic Partnership Agreement. It has committed $370 million dollarsto WFP over the next four years.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swarajwill attend the opening ceremony of the 32nd Al Jana-driyah festival in Riyadh.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- The Central Statistics Office (CSO)revised the gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate for 2015-16 to 8.2% from the earlier estimates of 8% and kept the 2016-17 growth unchanged at 1%.
- Googlehas introduced a new app named “Bulletin” in a limited edition and it is available in Nashville, Tennessee and Oakland, California.
- The government and World Banksigned a $100 million (about Rs 6,400 crore) loan agreement.It is to promote rural economy in selected blocks of Tamil Nadu across 26 districts, benefiting over 4 lakh people.
- India has slipped to42nd place on the Economist Intelligence Unit’s annual Global Democracy Index.
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has received Rs173.06 crore capital infusions from the government in the current fiscal.
- Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) and United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC), Russia has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU).
- The Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs Shri Arun Jaitley launched CriSidEx. It is India’s first sentiment index for micro and small enterprises ( MSEs) developed jointly by CRISIL & SIDBI.
- The Government has decided to sell off its entire public stake in Dredging Corporation of India Ltd. (DCIL).
- The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE)has been ranked the top environment policy think tanks in India while it has secured the 16th position in global rankings, climbing up two positions from the last year.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
|Name of the Person||Appointed for the post||Resign||Replaces|
|Neelam Kapur||director general (DG) of Sports Authority of India (SAI)||——||—–|
|Lt. Gen Anil Chauhan||new Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) of the Indian Army||——||——|
|John Hennessy||Alphabet chairman||——||——|
|Nicos Anastasiades||president of the Republic of Cyprus||——||——|
|Syed Mahmud Hossain||as Chief Justice of Bangladesh||——||Surendra Kumar Sinha|
|Dinesh Srivastava||hief Executive of Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC)||——||G Kalyanakrishnan|
|Jerome Powell||16th chairman of the Federal Reserve||—–||Randal K. Quarles|
AWARDS & HONOR
- Magahi writer Shesh Anand Madhukar, who has been working extensively for the development of the language, was honoured with this year’s Sahitya Akademi Bhasha Samman award.
- The V Shantaram Lifetime Achievement Award of the Mumbai International Film Festival is for Documentary, Shorts & Animation Films. MIFF 2018 will be conferred upon veteran film maker Shyam Benegal.
- Shabnam Asthana was awarded the ‘Times Power Women of the Year 2017’- Pune for Global PR.The award was conferred on her by Dilip Kamble, Minister of State for Social Justice. These awards were initiated to celebrate the victories of women who have been a great source of inspiration.
- Indian athletes Jasprit Bumrah(Cricket), Harmanpreet Kaur(Cricket), Savita Punia(Hockey Goal Keeper) and Heena Sidhu(Shooter) made it to this year’s Forbes India 30 Under 30 list.
- The International Press Institute’s Indian National Committee has named Ritu Sarin as the recipient of the IPI India Award for Excellence in Journalism.
BOOKS & AUTHOR
- Exam Warriors, a book penned by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for students,has been released in the presence of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar.
- Jammu and Kashmir Policewill host B N Mullik Memorial All India Police Football Championship.
- Anu Kumar of Uttarakhand grabbed thefirst gold medal of the Khelo India School Games in 1500 metres at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi.
- M C Mary Kom claimed a gold India Open boxing. She defeated Josie Gabuco 4-1in the 48kg category.
- India’s leading squash player, Saurav Ghosal jumped five places to No 14 to become the highest ranked Indian in the Professional Squash Association (PSA) rankings released.
- India has lifted the ICC Under-19 World Cup for the record fourth time.
- India Open 2018
|Men’s Singles||Shi Yuqi (China)|
|Women’s Singles||Beiwen Zhang (America)|
|Men’s Doubles||Marcus Fernaldi Gideon(Indonesia) and Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (Indonesia)|
|Women’s Doubles||Greysia Polii (Indonesia) and Apriyani Rahayu (Indonesia)|
|Mixed Doubles||Mathias Christiansen (Denmark) and Christinna Pedersen (Denmark)|
- The BCCI has announced a cash reward of Rs 50 lakh for the Under-19 chief coach Rahul Dravid.
- A youngster 21-year-old Shubhankar Sharmabecame the top-ranked Indian golfer with a rank of 72 in the world golf rankings.
- Senior BJP MP from Maharashtra, Chintaman Wanaga, passed away.
- Francisco Nunez Olivera, the worlds oldest man passed away.
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Member of Parliament from Western Uttar Pradesh’s Kairana, Hukum Singh passed away.
- Kathakali maestro Madavoor Vasudevan Nair collapsed on stage and passed away while performing at Agasthyacodu Mahadeva Temple, Anchal in kollam.
- Former Minister and presently member of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council Gali Muddu Krishnama Naidu.
HISTORIC EVENTS OF THE DAY
|4||World Cancer Day||We Can. I can|
|6||International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation||————|
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of January from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of December from the links given below and you can download the same too.
You can check the weekly current affairs – One Liners of previous week of November from the links given below and you can download the same too.