DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : December 21, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (December 21 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
Meeting of Special Representatives for India and China underway in New Delhi
- A meeting of Special Representatives for India and China for Border Question is underway in New Delhi. This is the 22nd meeting between the two countries on the issue. The Indian delegation is being led by National Security Advisor, Ajit Doval while Foreign Minister of China, Wang Yi is leading the Chinese’ side.
- Our Correspondent reports that this is the first meeting of the Special Representatives between the two countries since the 2nd Informal Summit between Prime Minister Modi and President Xi Jinping in Chennai in October this year.
ADB’s 490 million dollars loan to upgrade Madhyapradesh’s roads
- Asian Development Bank, ADB and Government of India today signed a 490 million dollars loan for public-private partnership, PPP project to upgrade about one thousand six hundred kilometres of state highways and major district roads from single-lane to two-lane widths in Madhya Pradesh.
- An additional 286 million dollars investment will be mobilised through private sector participation under the PPP modality.
- Additional Secretary (Fund Bank and ADB) in Department of Economic Affairs in Finance Ministry Sameer Kumar Khare and Country Director of ADB’s India Resident Mission Kenichi Yokoyama signed the loan agreement.
Becky Schmitt is Cognizant’s new chief people officer
- Cognizant has appointed Ms Becky Schmitt as its new Chief People Officer.
- Her assignment will commence on February 1, 2020, after the current CPO James Lennox retires.
IPS officer Atul Karwal appointed as Director of National Police Academy
- Atul Karwal, a 1988 batch IPS officer, has been appointed as the Director of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy in Hyderabad.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the proposal of Ministry of Home Affairs for appointment of Karwal, presently working as ADG, CRPF as Director, SVP NPA by temporarily downgrading the post to the level of Additional Director General for a period up to 05.12.2021 i.e. the date of combined deputation tenure of Karwal or until further orders whichever is earlier.
Devesh Srivastava appointed GIC chief
- Devesh Srivastava has been raised to the position of Chairman and Managing Director (MD) at the General Insurance Corporation India (GIC).
- Previously he was managing the departments of human resource and training, ReInsurance Worldwide (RIWW), corporate communications, CMD’s Secretariat and innovation centre, he was transferred to GIC in 1999.
Razorpay appoints former American Express executive Arpit Chug as CFO
- Payments provider Razorpay recently announced the appointment of former American Express India CFO Arpit Chug as its new Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- In his new role, Arpit will be responsible for scaling up Razorpay’s lending arm, Razorpay Capital, as well as the platform’s neo-banking platform, RazorpayX. The company said Arpit would also play an important role in growing Razorpay’s core payments business and assist in launching new business verticals.
Fitch lowers India GDP growth to 4.6% in FY20
- Fitch Ratings on Friday cut India’s GDP growth forecast for 2019-20 fiscal year to 4.6% on deterioration in business and consumer confidence.
- Fitch said growth will gradually recover to 5.6% in FY21 and 6.5% in the following year with support from easing monetary and fiscal policy and structural measures.
INTERNATIONAL HUMAN SOLIDARITY DAY – December 20
Every year on December 20th, International Human Solidarity Day seeks to celebrate the word’s unity in diversity. It’s also a day to raise awareness about the importance of solidarity.
Solidarity is defined as an awareness of shared interests and objectives that create a psychological sense of unity. Solidarity also refers to the ties in a society that bind people together as one.
Pat Cummins becomes most expensive overseas IPL player
- Pat Cummins, with a base price of two crore rupees, became the most expensive overseas buy as he was sold to Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) for a whopping 15.50 crore rupees.
- Glenn Maxwell was sold to Kings XI Punjab for 10.75 crore rupees while Aaron Finch was picked up by Royal Challengers Bangalore for 4.4 crore rupees in the Indian Premier League auction at Kolkata today.
Pakistan opener Abid Ali joins elite list of batsmen after consecutive centuries
- Pakistan batsman Abid Ali entered the elite list of batsmen who have knocked centuries in consecutive matches in his first two Test against Sri Lankas in Karachi.
- The 32-year-old went on to become the ninth batsmen and first ever Pakistan cricketer in the history of Test cricket to accomplish this landmark of successive century in their first two Tests. William Ponsford, Doug Walter and Greg Blewett of Australia, Sourav Ganguly and Rohit Sharma of Indian cricket team, Alvin Kallicharran of the Windies and Jimmy Neesham of New Zealand are the other cricketers to have accomplished this feat.
Abhinav Lohan wins Bengaluru Open Golf Championship
- Abhinav Lohan lifted PGTI title securing a narrow one-shot triumph at the Bengaluru Open golf championship.
- Lohan shot four-under 68 to take his four-day total to 13-under-275 with seven birdies, a bogey and a double-bogey to show on his card.
- It was Lohan’s first title on the TATA Steel PGTI and second win of the year as he had also emerged victorious at the PGTI Feeder Tour event in Lucknow two months back. Lohan thus became the fourth Indian golfer to register his maiden title on the TATA Steel PGTI this season following the likes of Kshitij Naveed Kaul, Priyanshu Singh and Veer Ahlawat.
Mirabai Chanu bags Gold in 6th Qatar International Cup in Doha
- Former world champion, weightlifter Saikhom Mirabai Chanu won the women’s 49kg category gold medal to open India’s account at the 6th Qatar International Cup in Doha.
- Chanu bagged gold with an effort of 194kg in the Olympic qualifying event, with the points which will come in handy when the final rankings for Tokyo 2020 cut are done. The 24-year-old Manipuri lifted 83kg in snatch and 111kg in clean and jerk to finish on top of the podium.
Madhya Pradesh Congress MLA Banwari Lal Sharma died
- Congress MLA in Madhya Pradesh Banwari Lal Sharma died at a hospital here on Saturday following a prolonged illness, family sources said.
- The first-time legislator from Jaura constituency in Morena district had been undergoing treatment for cancer at AIIMS for a long time.
Fazle Abed, founder of BRAC, dies aged 83
- Fazle Abed, the founder of BRAC, the world’s largest non-governmental development organisation, died on Friday at the age of 83 in his home country of Bangladesh.
- Abed founded BRAC in 1972 as a small rehabilitation project and over five decades built up the massive operation that worked in 11 countries in Asia and Africa, with offices in Britain, the United States and the Netherlands.
Former Kerala Minister Thomas Chandy passes away
- Nationalist Congress Party’s Kerala State President and former Minister Thomas Chandy passed away in Kochi today.
- The Kuttanad MLA was undergoing treatment for cancer past few years. He was 72. The last rites will be performed on Monday at Kuttanad.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL