DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 6 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 6 2019
Daily Current Affairs (March 6, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Govt. brings TMA scheme to boost agriculture exports of farm commodities :
- The government Introduced a Transport and Marketing Assistance (TMA) scheme for providing financial assistance for transport and marketing of agriculture products with a view to boosting export of farm commodities to certain countries in Europe and North America.
- The scheme covers freight and marketing assistance for export by air as well as by sea (both normal and refrigerated cargo).
- Under the Transport and Marketing Assistance (TMA) scheme, the government would reimburse a certain portion of freight charges and provide assistance for marketing of agricultural produce.Presently, it would be available for exports effected from March 1 this year to March 2020.
Tripura government launches ‘ Notun Disha ‘ initiative :
- The government of Tripura announced ‘Notun Disha’ (New Direction) for assessing the academic level of students in classes III-VIII and then improving their current level.It was launched by state Education Minister Ratan Lal Nath.
- The Notun Disha is a one-month project to provide training to teachers.Training will be provided by NGOs and educational institutions to 800 teachers.
CM: Biplab Kumar Deb
Governor: Kaptan Singh Solanki.
Dr. Mahesh Sharma Inaugurates ‘Azaadi Ke Diwane’ Museum at Red Fort in Delhi :
- The Minister of State for Culture (Independent charge) and Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Mahesh Sharma inaugurated ‘Azaadi ke Diwane’ museum at Red Fort, New Delhi which is Created by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- The museum is the fifth in a series of recently inaugurated ones — the others being the Subhash Chandra Bose and INA museum, the Yaad-e-Jallian museum, the Museum on 1857 (on the country’s first war of Independence) the Drishyakala (a museum on Indian Art) on the sacrifices of India’s freedom fighters.
Bharat Electronics launches SWAGAT- Automatic Fare Collection Gating System to the nation :
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), a defence public sector undertaking, presented SWAGAT – the Automatic Fare Collection Gating System.PM Narendra Modi launched the system as part of the inaugural of Phase-I of the Ahmedabad Metro.
- SWAGAT is an initiative steered by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) in collaboration with BEL and Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) with the support of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) and State Bank of India (SBI).
- SWAGAT is compliant with the National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) ecosystem for hassle-free commute across India.
China slashes its GDP target to 6-6.5% amid slowdown
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang has expressed concern that the country will face a graver and more complicated environment to development, amid an ongoing trade war with the US and continued economic slowdown.The world’s second largest economy slashed its GDP target to 6 to 6.5 per cent this year.
Bilateral joint exercise between India, Oman to begin in Oman :
- The third edition of the bilateral joint exercise between India and Oman, Al Nagah 2019 will begin from 12th till 25th March of this month at Jabel Al Akhdar Mountains in Oman.
- In the exercise, both the armies will exchange expertise and experience in tactics, weapon handling and firing.India-Oman bilateral security ties have continued to develop since the beginning of India-Oman Joint Military Cooperation meetings in 2006.
Sheikh Ahmad officially re-elected Olympic Council of Asia President :
- Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah was officially re-elected for an eighth term as President of the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA).He won a new five-year term until 2024.
- Tsunekazu Takeda, President of the Japanese Olympic Committee, also retained his position as a vice-president.
Govt appoints PV Ramesh as DG of National Archives of India :
- The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of P V Ramesh appointed as the director-general of the National Archives of India.
- Currently, he is serving as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Rural Electrification Corporation.
BANKING & ECONOMY
Hitachi arm & SBI to roll out digital payments platform :
- State Bank of India and Hitachi Payment Services Pvt Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd launched their merchant-acquiring joint venture, SBI Payment Services Pvt Ltd (SBIPSPL), in Mumbai, for establishing a digital payments platform for India and other countries in the region.
- The joint venture (SBI) has a 74 percent stake, and the balance is with Hitachi Payment Services) will facilitate expansion of the digital payments landscape in India via its digital payments platform.
Mukesh Ambani secured 13th place in the Forbes list of the ultra wealthy :
- According to the Forbes list of the ultra wealthy, Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries, secured 13th place.
- Jeff Bezos remains the world’s richest person with a wealth of $131 billion. Secondly, Bill Gates ranks second with wealth worth $96.5 billion and Warren Buffett in 3rd position.
BANKING & ECONOMY
World Bank to provide $250 million to boost rural income :
- The World Bank and the Government of India signed an agreement in which the World Bank will provide a $250-million loan for the National Rural Economic Transformation Project (NRETP) to help women in rural households develop viable enterprises for farm and non-farm products.
- Further it will enable them to build businesses that help them access finance, markets and networks and generate employment.The $250 million loans have a 5-year grace period and a final maturity of 20 years.
- The NRLP, which is currently being implemented across 13 states, 162 districts and 575 blocks, has so far mobilised more than 8.8 million women from poor rural households into 7.5 lakh self-help groups (SHGs).
AWARDS & HONOURS
TVS Motor bags International Sustainability ‘Green Era’ Award For the 2nd Time:
- TVS Motor Company have recently bagged the ‘Green Era Award for Sustainability’ at Lisbon in Portugal.
- The two-wheeler and three-wheeler manufacturer also won the ‘Quality and Business Excellence Award’ for its endeavour to create new benchmarks in product quality.
- The awards are based on the conclusion of the research team of Otherways Management and Consulting in France.
President Kovind presents ‘ Swachh Survekhshan 2019 ‘ Awards :
- Swachh Survekhshan-2019 Awards were presented by President Ram Nath Kovind in New Delhi. Indore bagged award for cleanest city for third straight year in Swachh Survekshan.
- New Delhi Municipal Council area gets cleanest small city award while Uttarakhand’s Gauchar was adjudged Best Ganga Town in the survey. Top ranked cities received a statue of Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi as award for their work towards cleanliness.
- Swachh Survekshan 2019 covered all Urban Local Bodies in the country, making it the largest such cleanliness survey in the world.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.