Daily Current Affairs : October 10, 2020
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (October 10, 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Sight Day- October 8:
- World Sight Day is observed annually on the second Thursday of October. In 2020, the World Sight Day falls on 08 October 2020.The main aim of the day is to draw public awareness towards blindness and vision impairment and educate target audiences about blindness prevention.
- Theme: “Hope In Sight”
World Egg Day 2020- October 9:
- World Egg Day is celebrated worldwide on the Second Friday of October each year. In 2020, the day is being observed on 9th October 2020. The Day was established at the IEC Vienna 1996 conference and helps to raise awareness of the benefits of eggs and their importance in human nutrition.
- Theme: “Eat Your Egg Today And Every Day”
World Mental Health Day- October 10:
- World Mental Health Day is observed on October 10. It is a programme of the World Federation for Mental Health with the overall objective of raising awareness of mental health issues around the world and mobilizing efforts in support of mental health.
- Theme: “Mental Health for All: Greater Investment – Greater”
World Migratory Bird Day- October 10:
- World Migratory Bird Day is observed on second Saturday of October. It is an annual awareness campaign highlighting need for conservation of migratory birds. It raises awareness of threats faced by migratory birds, their ecological importance & need for international co-op to conserve them.
- Theme: “Birds Connect Our World”
Assam launches “Swa-nirbhar Naari: Atmanirbhar Asom” scheme to empower economically challenged women:
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched “Swa-nirbhar Naari: Atmanirbhar Asom” scheme to empower economically disadvantaged women.
- The scheme aims to create more than 3.72 lakh sustainable individuals and over 800 communities. Further, the scheme will also benefit around 4 lakh families in the first phase of MGNREGA with the convergence of schemes of various state government departments and missions.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: SarbanandaSonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
- National Parks: Orang National Park, Manas National Park or Manas Wildlife Sanctuary, Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, Kaziranga National Park, Nameri National Park, Dehing Patkai Wls.
Andhra Pradesh CM launches ‘Jaganna Vidya Kanuka’ scheme for students in government schools:
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy launched ‘Jaganna Vidya Kanuka’ scheme for students studying in Government Schools.
- The Scheme would help in improving Government schools’ quality and enrolments and would aid in providing kits to Govt school students who are enrolled in class 1 to 10 standards.
- Capital: Amaravati
- Chief Minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Governor: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
- Folk dances: Kuchipudi, Vilasini Natyam, Bhamakalpam, Veeranatyam.
- National Park: Sri Venkateswara National Park, Rajiv Gandhi National Park, Papikonda National Park.
Goa becomes first ‘Har Ghar Jal’ state by providing tap water connections in rural areas:
- Goa has become the first ‘Har Ghar Jal’ state in the country by providing 100% tap water connections in rural areas covering 2.30 lakh households, the Jal Shakti Ministry Stated. The Government’s Jal Jeevan Mission aims to provide piped water to all rural households by 2024.
- The state successfully provides 100% Functional Household Tap Connections (FHTCs) in the rural areas covering 2.30 lakh rural households.
- Chief Minister:Pramod Sawant
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari (Additional Charge)
Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani launches “E-Sanjeevani OPD” Scheme for free online medical consultation:
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani e-dedicated online e-Sanjeevani OPDs scheme across Gujarat through videoconferencing in presence of Deputy Chief Minister Nitinbhai Patel to provide medical facility online to patients for common diseases at their homes with a view to reducing the load on hospitals and OPDs.
- It is a step ahead of telemedicine facilities for diagnosis on the phone.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- National Park: Blackbuck NP, Vansda NP, Gir Forest NP, Marine NP, Gulf of Kutch.
Jammu and Kashmir Police organises ‘Jashn-E-Dal’ festival to boost tourism:
- Jammu and Kashmir Police have organised a three-day water sports festival ‘Jashn-E-Dal’ with an aim to boost water sports activities and promote tourism in the valley. The festival was organized by Jammu and Kashmir Police under civic action programme in collaboration with water sports association after three years.
- “This event was last organised in 2017. ‘Jashn-e-Dal’ has been one of the favourite events as far as the celebration of these beautiful water bodies is concerned.
Jammu and Kashmir:
- Capital: Srinagar (summer), Jammu (winter)
- Lt Governor: Manoj Sinha
- National Parks: Hemis National Park, City Forest (Salim Ali) National Park, Dachigam National Park, Kishtwar National Park.
- Wildlife Sanctuaries: Changthang Cold Desert WLS, Gulmarg WLS, Jasrota WLS, Baltal-Thajwas WLS, Karakoram (Nubra Shyok) WLS.
Kerala Farmers Welfare Fund Board Set Up For Pension and Other Assistance:
- Kerala government has decided to form a Welfare Fund Board for the uplift of farmers in the state. They decided to set up the board to be known as ‘Kerala Karshaka Kshemanidhi Board’.
- The cabinet also decided that Dr P Rajendran would be appointed as the chairman of the Kerala Farmers Welfare Fund Board.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammed Khan
Uttarakhand government Launches ‘Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana’ to generate self-employment for youth and migrants:
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched “Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana”. The Yojana aims at creating self-employment for nearly 10,000 youths in the state.
- Co-operative banks will grant loans at interest rate of 8% p.a. for 15 years to set up the solar plants on private land or on land taken on lease.
- Capital- Gairsain(summer capital), Dehradun (winter capital).
- Chief Minister:Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor- Baby Rani Maurya.
- National Parks- Corbett NP, Gangotri NP, Govind PashuVihar NP, Nanda Devi NP, Rajaji NP, Valley of Flowers NP.
Banking and Economy
RTGS payment system will be available 24×7 from December 2020:
- Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das announced that Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) payment system will be available round the clock from December 2020 to make online fund transfer smooth.
- As of now, RTGS is not a 24×7 system. The RTGS service window for customer transactions is available to banks from 7am to 6pm on a working day, for settlement at the RBI end.
LIC Housing launches ‘Project RED’ to improve efficiencies:
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd (LICHFL) launched “Project RED” (Reimagining Excellence through Digital transformation) to improve efficiencies at every level of the organisation.
- Project RED aims to create value across the entire spectrum of stakeholders that includes employees, shareholders, business associates, existing and potential customers of LICHFL, as per the housing finance company’s statement.
Acquisitions and Mergers
MCGM and Google collaborate to mark Containment Zones in Mumbai on Google Maps:
- Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) and Google have collaborated to mark Containment Zones in the city on Google Maps.
- The availability of this information on Google Maps will further make it easy to access for Mumbaikars while on the move.
Science and Technology
India successfully test-fires DRDO’s ‘Rudram-1’ Anti-Radiation Missile from a Sukhoi-30:
- India successfully test fired its first tactical anti radiation missile “Rudram 1”.
- The supersonic-capable missile can be launched at speeds ranging from 0.6 mach to 2 mach, i.e., twice the speed of sound.
- IT can be launched from a height of 500m to 15 km. Rudram-1 is India’s first indigenous anti-radiation missile.
CWG medallist shuttler Chetan Anand named brand ambassador of homegrown brand ‘Transform’:
- Commonwealth Games medallist shuttler Chetan Anand, a former world no.10 and the men’s singles bronze medal winner at the 2006 Melbourne CWG, was roped in as the face of the homegrown equipment brand ‘Transform’ along with his academy in Hyderabad.
- He was honored with the Arjuna Award in 2006.
Union Minister Piyush Goyal gets additional charge of Ministry of Consumer Affairs:
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal has been assigned the additional charge of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution on 9th October 2020 in addition to his existing portfolios, following the death of union minister Ram Vilas Paswan.
- Goyal is currently serving as the Union Minister of Railways and Minister of Commerce and Industry.
Awards and Recognitions
Eminent Poet Nityananda Nayak to receive Sarala Puraskar:
- Eminent Odia poet, Nityanand Nayak will be conferred the prestigious Sarala Puraskar for his poetry work ‘Setebelaku Nathiba’, published in 2017.
- The poet will be felicitated with a cash award of `5 lakh and a citation.
- Two other eminent personalities from the State Ranjit Kumar Nag and Shyamsundar Pattanaik will be felicitated for their contribution to fields of music and art respectively. While Nag will be awarded the Ila Panda Sangeet Samman, Pattanaik would be felicitated with Ila Panda Chitrakala Samman.
Forbes India Rich List 2020: Mukesh Ambani remains India’s richest man for 13th consecutive year:
- Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries (RIL) emerged as India’s wealthiest for the 13th straight year as his net worth swelled to $88.7 billion (around Rs 6.65 lakh crore) while the wealth of 100 richest rose by 14 per cent to $517.5 billion.
- It has also noted the entry of Pune-based Serum Institute of India, which is the world’s largest vaccine producer by the number of doses produced, in top 10.
World Food Programme awarded 2020 Nobel Peace Prize for ‘combating hunger’:
- Nobel Committee has awarded 2020 Nobel Peace Prize to World Food Programme for its efforts to combat hunger, contribution to bettering conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas & for efforts to prevent use of hunger as weapon of war & conflict.
Can you score 15/ 15 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of October 10, 2020 now from the link given below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.