DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 29, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 29, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (March 29, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Telangana govt has unveiled its Digital portal for MSMEs :
- Telangana government has launched a digital business networking portal for Micro,Small and Medium Enterprises MSMEs – Telangana State GlobalLinker (ts-msme.globallinker.com).
- This networking portal will digitise over 2.3 million MSMEs of the State which would connect them to the global economy.
- The motive behind this is to address key challenges faced by MSMEs with the core objective of making their business growth more simpler, more profitable and enjoyable.
Adani becomes first Indian port operator to record 200 MMT cargo movement:
- Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ) has recorded cargo movement of more than 200 million metric tonnes (MMT) at nine ports along the east and west coasts, becoming the first Indian port operator to achieve the milestone.
- Adani Ports embarked its journey in 2001 and has become one of the largest port operators in the world.
UN council passes first ever resolution to combat terrorist financing :
- The UN Security Council has unanimously passed the first-ever resolution ordering members to enforce laws against terror financing.
- UNSC resolution demands all states “ensure that their domestic laws and regulations establish serious criminal offenses” to collect funds or financial resources to terrorist groups or individual criminals.It also calls on members to create financial intelligence units.
Israelis unveil ‘world’s longest salt cave’ :
- The Israeli cave explorers discovered the world’s longest cave named Malham near the Dead sea, beating the record-holder in Iran.
- The cave is spread in an area of 10 kilometers (6.25 miles) and it runs through the Israel’s largest mountain, Mount Sodom and spills out to the southwest corner of the adjacent Dead Sea.
BCCI Ombudsman Justice D.K.Jain to serve as ad-hoc Ethics Officer :
- BCCI Ombudsman Justice D K Jain (retd) will now serve as the Ethics Officer of the Indian cricket board on an ad-hoc basis.
- According to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), provisions in its constitution require an Ethics Officer to be appointed to determine and decide issues related to conflict of interest.
Vice Admiral MA Hampiholi to be designated as Director General Naval Operations :
- Vice Admiral MA Hampiholi, AVSM NM has been appointed as Director General Naval Operations (DGNO).
- He will succeed Satish Namdeo Ghormade.He is a recipient of the Nao Sena Medal in 2011 and the Athi Vishist Seva Medal in 2019.
Abhay Thakur appointed as the next Ambassador to the Republic of Benin:
- Shri Abhay Thakur, a 1992 batch of Indian Foreign Service officer has been designated as the Ambassador of Benin.
- Earlier, High Commissioner of India to Nigeria, Ashok R. Mirchandani, concurrently accredited as Ambassador to Benin as India does not have a Resident Diplomatic Mission in Benin.
Cricketer Virender Sehwag has been named as Brand Ambassador of PolicyX.com:
- PolicyX.com , an online insurance web aggregator has named Arjuna & Padmashree Awardee, cricketer Virender Sehwag as its brand ambassador.
- He will be the face of its biggest marketing campaign of insurance products covering term insurance, health insurance, life insurance, car insurance and others.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
N.K. Singh launched the book “Indian Fiscal Federalism”:
- N.K. Singh ,the Chairman of 15th Finance Commission of India launched the book “Indian Fiscal Federalism”.
- The book has been written by Dr. Y. V. Reddy, former Governor of RBI and Chairman of the 14th Finance Commission of India along with Dr. G. R. Reddy, Advisor (Finance) to the Government of Telangana.
AWARDS & HONOURS
Amartya Sen To Be Honored Oxford University’s Bodley Award:
- Amartya Sen,Nobel Prize-winning economist was awarded the prestigious Bodley Medal, the highest honor granted by the University of Oxford’s world-famous Bodleian Libraries.
- The medal is awarded to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the fields in which the Bodleian is awarded are, including literature, culture, science, and communication.
- Past winners of the honour include physicist Stephen Hawking, novelist Hilary Mantel and inventor of the World Wide Web Tim Berners-Lee.
Hinton, LeCun & Bengio Named 2018 ACM Turing Award Laureates :
- The ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) announced Geoffrey Hinton, Yann LeCun and Yoshua Bengio as its 2018 Turing Award winners.
- The trio were honoured for conceptual and engineering breakthroughs that have made deep neural networks a critical component of computing.
- It is an annual prize the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) has been awarding since 1966 to individuals who’ve made contributions of lasting and major technical importance to the computer field.
Delhi government school teacher Manu Gulati honoured with Martha Farrell Award 2019 :
- Delhi government school teacher, Manu Gulati honored with the Martha Farrell award for Excellence in Women’s Empowerment 2019 in the Most Promising Individual category with prize money of INR 1,50,000 for promoting gender quality and women’s empowerment.
Vijayawada Railway Station Awarded The ‘Gold Rating’ For Being Clean & Eco-Friendly :
- The Indian Green Building Council(IGBC) awarded the Gold Rating to Vijayawada railway station, which is known as the busiest railway junctions in India for Green Measures.
- This Railway Station was ranked fourth in the Indian Railways for cleanliness among A-1 category stations and also it has 100 percent LED lighting, five star rated fans, pumps, and motors and solar water heating systems.
STATIC: Andhra Pradesh
Governor: S. L. Narasimhan
Chief Minister: Chandrababu Naidu
Soviet-era Cosmonaut Valery Bykovsky Passed Away at the age of 84 :
- Russian cosmonaut Valery Bykovsky, who made the first of his three flights to space in 1963, passed away at the age of 84 years.
- He was a recipient of the Hero of the Soviet Union and Order of Lenin awards.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.